Using BEET KETCHUP
DrBt Recipe 1 (by Lexus Genik):
Every ones fav creamy comfort food NOW with the added nutrition of beets!!!
A great way to introduce your kids to our "ketchup"
- 1.5 cups elbow macaroni ( we use gluten free)
- 2 cups fav cheese ( we use marble ) shredded
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- pepper to taste
- Beet Ketchup (remember the more you use the healthier the mac n "beets" becomes).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and boil for 8-12 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta
- Pour pasta back into pot mix in butter, cheese and heavy cream.
- Add chilli flakes, Italian seasoning and pepper
- Serve warm covered in Beet Ketchup!!!!
DrBt Recipe 2 (by Lexus Genik):
What kid ( or adult for that matter) doesn't love pizza. Use your imagination to make your pizza as healthy ( lots of veggie toppings) as you want . I just made regular pepperoni, & mushroom with the Beet Sauce as my base . ....
- 2 store bought Pizza crusts (1 per person or if your feeling energetic make ur own)
- 500ml (2 cups) shredded cheese of your choice (we like marble)
- 200 grams pepperoni or ham, be creative
- 1 small pack of mushrooms (sliced)
- 7 heaping tbsp Beet Sauce or Beet Ketchup
(enough to generously cover the pizza crust)
Preheat oven to 425
-Get all ingredients out, meat of your choice, veggies of your choice and shredded cheese.
- I use beet sauce because I like the slight spice but for kids or if you want a more classic sauce use beet ketchup
- Have fun !!! Make up crazy combos or put your basic pep, mush, and marble cheese
- put in oven and bake 5-10 min depending on type of crust .
- (I set my oven timer for 5 min and check after that , for thicker crusts or more toppings you generally need about 7-10 min)
- Pull out of oven let cool a but as it will be very hot, and top with Beet Sauce or Ketch up.
- Most importantly ENJOY!!!!